Monday 7 July 2014

Inspired by Marrakech

Marrakech is a city that knows how to work colour and pattern! I would love to travel there one day and see for myself what has already inspired me in photographs. Americans, Caitlin and Samuel Dowe-Sandes, and their young daughter, Gigi, loved Marrakech so much they made it their home and filled their Moroccan bungalow with glorious colour and pattern.




The tiled floors throughout are quite spectacular, and the walls are various shades of fresh blue or white.





There's an eclectic mix of furniture and lights - all quite beautiful and sculptural. The artwork is also impressive, and often nature inspired.




Bold stripes lead you down the hallway and into pattern-packed bedrooms. Bursts of vibrant orange contrast the blue beautifully.










The kitchen steps away from the blues and orange, but the geometric tiled splash back links nicely to the rest of the house. Green and white is one of my favourite kitchen colour combos, it's lovely and fresh.


photographer: Richard Powers | designer: Caitlin & Samuel Dowe-Sandes of Popham Design


I love the personality of this home. As with all the homes I feature on my blog, I hope it's inspired you to embrace colour, and push the boundaries to create a home unique to you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips