Saturday 3 November 2012

It's All About Balance

Sorry, for not posting yesterday. I've got some exciting things happening in the wings, and it was a particularly busy day (will share more info when I can).

Anyway, today I wanted to talk a bit about balance. I really like using asymmetry in interior styling. There's definitely a time and place for symmetry, but it can often look very formal, and I'm a casual kinda gal! The following examples all use furniture and objects in an asymmetrical way, but each is beautifully balanced. For example, in the first image, the large painting and cushion on the left are balanced out by the three smaller art pieces and the off-set coffee table.




1 | 2 | 3 | 4

2 comments :

  1. ooh.. that sounds exciting Vic! I love all of these images - such great examples of asymmetry and balance x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Sunday fix of Cush and Nooks! Can't wait to hear about your exciting news!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips